FreeGameDev Planet - Development

Also check out the games planet.

October 12, 2015


More useful friends feature

Ages ago, I added a button that allowed people to mark users as friends.  It didn't do a whole lot up until now.

Now, you can see your list of friends and the list of people who have friended you on the Friends and Followers tabs on your user profile, respectively.  There's also a new block on the home page that shows the latest art by your friends.  You can click on the block title to expand it into a full page view.

Note: Friend lists are currently public.  If this is a major issue for anyone, please let me know.


by bart at October 12, 2015 07:22 PM

Private messaging updated

Just so people are aware, I moved the Private Message links from the content block in the upper left to a link on the right side of the header, per Surt's suggestion.

by bart at October 12, 2015 03:09 PM

October 10, 2015

DusteD Games

Wizznic got a real home

So, I've been busy with a lot of things, my own projects not included.. But I have found a bit of time to set up a nice home for Wizznic, at
I noticed that people had quite a lot of trouble with the first level, and also with level4 (which was waay to difficult), so I've moved things around a bit, hopefully making the difficulty advance a bit smoother.. I also added a small tutorial level, showing new players the basic concept of the game.

by DST ( at October 10, 2015 07:40 AM


Sorry for the downtime.

The web server was down for some hours today.  Didn't discover it until a few minutes ago.  We're working on figuring out why it happened.  It's almost certainly due to a configuration issue of some kind since we've updated pretty much everything.

by bart at October 10, 2015 02:18 AM

October 09, 2015


Private messaging is enabled!

I just set up a private messaging system here on OGA.

If you're logged in, you should notice a "Private Messages" heading at the top left corner of the front page.  From there, you can view any private messages that you have.  Additionally, you'll receive a notification in a green box at the top of the page if you have any unread messages.

If you want to send a message to a user, you can either do it from their user page (right under their user portrait) or from the "Write new message" link.

by bart at October 09, 2015 05:06 PM

October 08, 2015


And we're back

Hey folks,

Just did a big site update under the hood, which involved moving the site to a bigger machine so we can eliminate those disk full errors.  We also updated the operating system, PHP, and a bunch of Drupal modules, so if you notice any bugs, please reply here and report them and I'll try to get to them ASAP.



Update 10/8:

by bart at October 08, 2015 07:21 PM